Many women get upset when wrinkles appear and make them look older than they are. They turn to cosmetic surgery options in order to stay looking younger for as long as possible. If you are considering having Botox injections to smooth out those wrinkles it is a good idea to know exactly how to get the best results. Here are 10 tips to help you.
- Consult with a registered and experienced cosmetic surgeon and only be treated by someone whose ideas are in line with yours. If you don’t like that ‘frozen’ look and your doctor does it will mean that your dream of a smoother yet natural face may remain just that.
- Always tell the doctor what medications you are on, including vitamin supplements and herbal remedies, even if they are over the counter medications. Some of these have a blood thinning effect and the doctor may require you to go off them some days before treatment to minimise bruising.
- Always follow instructions for before and after care to the letter. There is no point expecting the best result if you are not going to follow these instructions, because that is what they are for. If the doctor tells you to avoid vigorous exercise for a certain length of time after having the injections, don’t go out and play tennis on the same day.
- Stay still during the injections to ensure they go into the right position and to minimise bruising. You also have to follow the doctor’s instructions during the procedure as he may need you to smile or frown at certain points. This will also help him to get the injections into the correct place.
- Don’t touch or massage the injection site afterwards. It can spread the Botox to other areas and spoil the effect at the injection site.
- Don’t drink a lot of alcohol afterwards.
- Don’t have facials or any other kind of skin treatment on your face for at least 24 hours.
- Using an icepack will help to prevent bruising. You can also have laser treatment to make bruising disappear more rapidly.
- The doctor or nurse will advise you of any serious complications that can arise after Botox treatment. It is essential to contact him immediately if you experience any of them.
- Never have Botox injections at someone’s house. It needs to be done in a medical setting where any side effects can be treated immediately. Remember it is a medical procedure and should be treated as such.
When you follow these simple rules for Botox injections you can expect to be pleased with the result and have no serious problems afterwards.